Health, Safety & Wellbeing Engagement Lead
Are you looking for a new opportunity in Health, Safety and Wellbeing with a difference?
Would you like to put your own mark on the delivery of Health, Safety and Wellbeing programmes and in an exciting project as part of a new organisation?
If this sounds like you …..read on
We currently seeking a Health, Safety and Wellbeing (HSW) Engagement Lead to join the Tideway project.
Reporting to the Head of Occupational Health, Safety and Wellbeing the successful candidate will be responsible for internal/external communications and proactive activities to reinforce the positive HSW culture at both an individual and organisational level.
• Managing and delivering Tideway Health and Safety events considering innovative, impactful and long-lasting messaging.
• Manage the HSW team messaging by ensuring all communications are suitably planned, scheduled and promoted prior to delivery.
• Ensure the departmental intranet and external internet tools are relevant and current.
• Promote and encourage the Reward and Recognition programme.
• Regularly promote HSW approaches at the project monthly update and weekly articles.
• Manage the creation of any HSW films and videos by maintaining good relationships with existing contracts.
• Regularly prepare and deliver updates to the Senior Leadership Teams, Board members and wider project.
• Continually benchmark performance, innovations and lessons learnt with the wider industry to encourage and improve legacy benefits.
• Provide input into the annual strategic review and target setting for HSW Engagement, developing an annual summary that identifies a 12 monthly lookahead.
• Develop and deliver an annual HSW Cultural survey for project wide participation, ensuring results are suitably shared and that action plans are implemented.
• Present to stakeholders to increase HSW awareness and engagement, demonstrating the company's progress
What type of person are we looking for…?
We always support colleagues to develop their talent, but the following skills would ensure you have the necessary skills for the role
• Good internal and external stakeholder management experience
• Experience of working in a fast-paced changing environment
• Experience of supporting the HSW teams with engagement and general health and safety advice for area
• The ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Good written and verbal communication skills with a proven ability to present to a variety of stakeholders
• Experience of supporting departments, and providing Health Safety and Wellbeing advice
• Experience of producing communication materials, articles, presentations and scope for videos.
• Leads with limited direction with the ability to make decisions and influence others.
• A logical thinker who determines and develops approaches to reach solutions.
• Good attention to detail with a high level of accuracy.
• Takes accountability and responsibility.
• Maintains a positive outlook with a pragmatic approach,
• Competent in absorbing, retaining, and communicating complex information.
• Good planning and organisational skills with the ability to manage multiple conflicting priorities, ensuring timely delivery in response to deadlines
This role is offered for 6 months
•Private Medical Insurance including health check
• Pension up to 10%
•30 days leave
•Season Ticket Loan
•Cycle to work scheme
Please ask us about flexible working
Diverse teams really are the best teams.
We know for some candidates may be put off if they can’t tick every box. If you are excited about working with us and think you can do much of what we are looking for but aren’t sure if you are 100% there yet… please give it a try
Diversity helps to make London a great place to live and work, and we aspire to this diversity being reflected in our workforce. We know that diverse teams contribute new and different ways of thinking and working and raise overall performance. We also know that people are at their most productive when they feel included and valued. That’s why diversity and inclusivity are key to our business strategy.
We are one of The Times Top 50 Employers for Women, a Stonewall Diversity Champion, a proud signatory of the ‘Ban the Box’ campaign, and Disability Confident Committed Employer.
We pride ourselves on providing employment for disabled employees, providing support and adjustments during the recruitment process, and wherever needed in the working environment. We offer a guaranteed interview scheme for suitably qualified disabled applicants.