• To work as an integral part of the Procurement team to ensure the procurement of subcontracts are in line with programme and Works Information requirements.
• To ensure subcontract orders placed demonstrate value for money and are reconciled against budget and margins enhanced through negotiation and value engineering.
• Ensures all procurement activities are delivered in a way that supports the project objectives and reflects best practice.
• Ensures the P2P process is adhered to.
• Assists in the managing and development of key subcontractor relationships
• To assist senior members of the procurement team to achieve the required objectives.
• Production of reports as required by senior team members.
• Under the guidance of senior team members assists in the procurement of subcontracts ensuring that the procurement processes are adhered too.
• Operation of the COINS materials ordering system
• Carry out subcontractor assessments at regular intervals.
• Assist in the management of “I-PORTAL” the supplier and subcontractor performance database.
• Assist in the management of Builders Profile the subcontractor qualification database
• Manages and maintains the department’s documentation administration requirements.
• Provide departmental support to the Procurement team.
Experience & Knowledge
• The role will require previous experience of procurement processes within a construction related environment.
• The individual will need to demonstrate a proven track record in negotiation and process compliance. The role will require excellent analytical skills, strong commercial awareness, a measured approach to decision making and the ability to ensure best value procurement.
• The ability to adopt a pragmatic, yet disciplined approach to process compliance, is essential
• Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers. Actively collects customer information and uses it to improve services and solutions. Manages the experience of customers to ensure positive relationships are established and maintained.
• Teamwork & Collaboration: Puts aside personal agendas to work for the benefit of customers and suppliers and other stakeholders. Proactively builds knowledge through sharing knowledge, ideas and expertise with others.
• Focus on Excellence: Willing to go the extra mile to exceed expectations. Continually searches for ways to add value and take performance to the next level.
• Results Driven: Demonstrates a passion and excitement for his/her work. Tackles problems head-on and works to resolve them without delay.
• Operational Excellence: Plans and organises work to safely achieve maximum efficiency and output. Delivers results consistently.
• Adaptability: Learns quickly. Adapts positively to changing business and customer demands. Is energised by change.